MOVING IDEAS RESIDENCIES
Applications Close: 18 December 2020 11:59pm
Artists notified: 15 January 2020
ReadyMade Works is pleased to offer four funded Moving Ideas residencies in 2021. Support is available for one-week (40 hours) of residency space at the ReadyMade Works studio. Travel and accommodation support is provided to one regionally based NSW artist.
The aim of the Moving Ideas residency program is to support NSW-based dance artists to do their creative work in a funded capacity. Artists can apply to work on a creative project, explore a new idea, or develop their practice. The residency is open to professional, emerging and established NSW-based artists working with dance, choreography and movement based practices.
• Lead artist fee of $1100
• Collaborator or production budget of $250
• Allowance of $1000 for travel and accommodation for one regionally based
• Four 40-hour residencies are available to be undertaken from February to June 2021
• Residencies will be scheduled in consultation with ReadyMade Works staff
• ReadyMade Works will facilitate a closed showing event for invited peers and community at the culmination of residency period
Who can apply:
• Professional, emerging or established dance artists
• Individuals or groups of artists
• NSW-based artists. Interstate artists can be involved as collaborators
• Collaborators can be from any discipline and can include outside eyes, or mentors.
*NSW-based indicates an artist who considers the NSW to be the primary base for their creative practice and residence. This should be the case for the duration of the residency and reflected in the artist biography provided.
Closing Date: 18 December 2020 (11:59pm)
Artists Notified: 15 January 2021
For more information contact:
The Moving Ideas Residency is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.
Image Credit: Zachary Lopez for Happy Hour #9